10 February 2009

The Poster Woman For Glamour

Don't have too much time to write right now because Petros has to go down for his afternoon nap. However, I did want to share what just happened.

My neighbor came over to say Hi unannounced and to see the baby (that's fine, we really like our neighbors a lot). I felt bad for her timing though because here's what happened from the time I went downstairs to when she left:

Petros was screaming his head off because he's been having terrible gas lately, his pants were off because I had just changed his diaper. I opened the door and greeted my neighbor. She asked me how things were going and I started crying. This was because Petros had been crying for 30 minutes straight and I could tell he was in pain from gas. So, I'm standing there with him in his onesie, me crying. And then he spued. Twice. All down the front of me and him. My house was a mess, I had no rag readily available. Then, he pooped and I could feel the warm ooze gushing through his diaper.

Oh yeah, I'm a major hottie today. Angelina eat your heart out.

Have I mentioned I love this child?? Even though I'm totally covered in vomit right now. This was the one thing All God's Children left out of their information packet. =)

9 comments:

  1. Well, that, and how you should definitely not expect the Union Hotel to clean your room while you're there. Even if you ask. Three times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have days like this!!! Have you tried giving him gas relief drops. They are a life saver. I wish you would have had a picture to go with this post. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sorry the little guy isnt feeling well. Love the vidoes of him. Just wondering if you might have seen our little guy while you were in Ethiopia. He is about 7 months old and his Name is Tamirat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to motherhood! You will have these days and later on when he is all grown you will look back at them and laugh! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, honey -- you've been officially "baptised" into motherhood! I'll never forget the time our new neighbor came over to introduce himself...and my naked 4 year-old boy answered the door and peed at his feet. Oh yeah. Motherhood is fun. Make sure you stay connected to other mommies...its the only way to survive! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't motherhood awesome?? SO disgusting and yet the love is so intense sometimes it literally takes your breath away-only a crazy wild God could invent something like that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I laughed so hard at this post because I was remembering a time where Tobin as a baby pooped so much as I was changing him that it poured out like water and went everywhere. Him, me and the carpet were covered in poop. I have many more poop and throw up stories, it is what really makes you a mommy. He is marking you as his mommy forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Initiation phase complete! Welcome to the wonderful world of mucus, poo, and vomit:) Don't feel bad we have all been there and cried our eyes out. It does get better.

    ReplyDelete