03 April 2009

This Is The Real Me

I lost interest in reading after the age of 11 I think. TV and other things were just much more interesting to me than the length in which it took to read a book.

Not until I was married for a few years did I fall in live with the wordy sport once again. It began with a couple classics, The Count Of Monty Cristo etc. and quickly moved to historical fiction ( I think my favorite thus far).

But now...oh glorious now...I'm reading Twilight. I can't put it down. I don't care if the author is a Mormon, (not that there's anything wrong with that) girl can WRITE! And did you know she wrote this book while her children were napping?? And then had her writer's club at the local Barnes and Noble edit it for her?? Amazing (thanks for the juicy tidbits Amanda).

I'm about to start Chapter 8, "Port Angeles". I'm such a naughty reader. I don't follow any of the rules. I skip ahead, gulping in important words that I can quickly scan on the next few pages. And then, I get mad at myself because I didn't take the time to sip it slowly, like a warm delicious cup of hot cocoa.

I love the passion in this book. The danger. I'm so glad there are others in the series because I have that many more hours to look forward to.

3 comments:

  1. I heard about the Twilight stuff from another blogger and had to check it out. I took some flack about it- being a guy. I enjoyed the books a lot. Just the kind of escapism I needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok i was going to write a post just like this. I am obsessed with this series, I mean really. Holding while I'm cooking and shushing noisy children so I can concentrate obsessed. I am in the middle of the last book. It only gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking it may make a good read on certain long flights to Ethiopia...

    ReplyDelete