01 May 2009

What An Incredible Gift...

that I don't ever want to take for granted.

Staying home with my son.

It's all about what's right for each family, and working moms deserve every ounce of respect as stay at home moms do. What a huge blessing to love your job and your family! I enjoyed teaching very much. But when Petros came along, I knew in my heart that I wanted to be the one with him each and every day. To rock him to sleep for all his naps, to see him crawl for the first time, to teach him, to feed him. It felt like a calling to me.

And now, more than ever, I'm so thankful that I have the freedom to make that choice. It has taken lots of sacrifice, but worth every bit of it!

My heart is bursting with love for our little man and even on days that are trying, I don't want to take this gift of being a stay-at-home-mom for granted. EVER.

I realize there are people out there who would love to stay home but can't for one reason or another. I'm so thankful to God for this opportunity!

I heard a speaker one day talking about the struggle between moms who stay home and moms who work a 9-5. He spoke about how they sometimes judge one another for their decisions and situations. He then said, "let us build one another up!". If you are a mom who stays home, why not bring dinner to friends who both work on a busy night for them? Or, offer to babysit if they're in a pinch. Help each other when each one needs it.

How true this is! I desire to be that kind of friend.

This post was very rambly...just getting some thoughts down! =)

4 comments:

  1. Loved your thoughts. I totally agree. I keep reminding myself when both of my kids are crying and pushing each other that I would rather be right there with them than anywhere else in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, our children are only small for a short while. I have many memories pre going to school, so I am sure my kids will too. These are the years we can go to the zoo on a Monday when it's not crowded and have picnics at the duck pond. Also, when ever your children are sick- they can know their mom will always be there.

    No other job in the world could lure me away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so lucky! enjoy every moment! your son is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia, and my goal is to be a stay-at-home mom for our child:

    http://phantomline.blogspot.com/2010/01/working-mother.html

    ReplyDelete