19 July 2010

Ya hear that?...

...It's the sound millions of dust particles make as they're blown into the air off this ancient blog.

Oh where to begin, where to begin.

Well, our Petros is turning 2 on August 1st. That's pretty awesome. Sad. But awesome none the less. He's celebrating this momentous occasion by asserting his independence. He has just recently REALLY started saying words. That's right man, no rushing this kiddo. He'll do it in his own time. Now he throws out commands as if he's actually in charge of stuff around here. "Moooove!" "Read!" "Sit!" "More cheese!" The list of words and phrases is endless, and yes, the exclamation points are necessary. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW HE SAYS IT....!

He is full of love and we continue to be smitten.

So smitten in fact that we're now on the wait list for another infant boy. WOOHOO! Do you know how hard it is to get paper work done with a toddler running around???? Well, let me tell ya, it's HARD! We are currently #46 and are looking forward to our updated number in the beginning of August. We are using AGCI again. That was a no-brainer. Their heart for children is evident in every interaction we have with them and they have amazing programs that go beyond orphan care. We are privileged to have them as our partner for this next adoption.

Travis' job continues to do well, even in these difficult economic times. We are so thankful for his work. Don't get me wrong - we don't actually have money. But we are as happy as pigs, well, you get the point...gotta keep it family friendly folks.

I am so blessed and thankful to be home with Petros. I will leave you with a list of some of my most favorite things right now...please note that none of them have to do with money.....because....we don't have any, remember?

1. The closeness I feel when Travis and I sit down to pray together.
2. The sound of Petros' laughter as I chase him and he can hear my feet louder and louder behind him (side note: I often hear this laughter as I'm chasing him down the produce isle in the grocery store)
3. The incredible change God is making in my life, my heart, and my family (more on this later, some of it's a little scary but it's all good).
4. Walking to the library in the morning and stopping at every blade of grass, bush, and ant we see.
5. Watching Petros snuggle on the couch to read a book while I cook dinner.
6. "Slow dancing" - cheek to cheek with Petros. I taught him to nuzzle his cheek next to mine and we sway while I sing. Boy will I miss that when he moves out one day!

Okay, I PROMISE to have pics next time. There are so many to go through it'll take a while.

Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for pictures and the next installment to hear about what God is doing in you!!! Keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bankruptcy document retrieval services - order now for bankruptcy records, papers, discharge papers, court records. (serving all 50 states).The bankruptcy court discharge prohibits any attempt to collect from the debtor a debt that has been discharged.
    http://bankruptcylive.com/

    ReplyDelete